Effective Media Communications
At times your organization’s reputation and credibility can depend on your ability to work effectively with the news media. By developing and sharpening your communication skills, you can minimize negative news coverage and help ensure that your key messages are heard and understood.
In this training, you’ll learn the importance of having a media communications strategy, and how to make it work. You’ll practice in a safe environment – making and correcting your mistakes before you interact with actual journalists. Among the topics covered in this session:
- The importance of preparing for every media encounter
- How to get your message(s) into the interview
- How to “package” information in ways reporters want it
- The most common and damaging interview mistakes… and how to avoid them
- How to handle the communications aspects of a crisis, including the role of social media
Participants will take part in several interviews on a topic of their choice, and also will conduct two press briefings based on a crisis scenario. Those exercises will be recorded and critiqued for learning opportunities.
Case Study: Effective Media Communications
The Terri Ammerman Group conducts media training throughout the world. One of our international clients is a $40 billion technology company with employees of more than 140 nationalities working in approximately 85 countries. We frequently travel to… [read more]