Effective Media Communications for Marketing
Available as a one-day workshop or as a series of sessions, this training focuses on the integral role media relations plays in a complete and successful marketing communications plan. The training concentrates not on communicating during a crisis, but rather communicating a company’s story – its products, services, industry, or its position on a specific issue. The training addresses the specialized media training needs of those responsible for, or involved in, marketing- and sales-related activities.
Establishing a dialogue with the trade press and other business reporters who follow your company or industry is an investment – one that can deliver results at lower cost and with greater credibility than advertising and other forms of sales promotion. Savvy marketing professionals recognize this and view media relations as an integral part of their marketing communications efforts. Although interviews with business reporters are rarely confrontational or unpleasant, they can be challenging – even difficult. Business reporters can, and do, ask tough questions, which, if handled incorrectly, can have a damaging effect on an organization.
In this training, participants learn:
- The important role media relations plays in a marketing communications plan
- The benefits of establishing and maintaining a dialogue with reporters who follow your company or industry
- How the media function, including the different demands of print and broadcast reporters, and the special dynamics of working with the trade press
- How to use interviews as a way to obtain information
- Some of the potential problems that may arise during and after an interview, and how to prevent/correct them
- How to handle an interview at a trade show or conference
During the training, participants will take part in multiple interviews on a topic of their choice. Those interviews will be recorded and critiqued for learning opportunities.