3 Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make at the Offshore Technology Conference
OTC is the largest event in the world for the oil and gas industry, and it’s a great place for energy professionals to share ideas and build relationships.
But at an event of this magnitude, you don’t want to be unprepared. Make sure to avoid these three mistakes.
NOT DEVELOPING YOUR MESSAGE
Communicating well at an event like this requires a strong message. Before attending, make sure that you:
- Build the right mix of story and brand
- Prepare to communicate something of value to the media
- Understand how to create interest in a captive audience
NOT TRAINING YOUR PEOPLE
To be effective, your people at the conference need to understand how to communicate well. Training can help them to:
- Be prepared for problems that might arise with the media
- Understand how to communicate in a diverse enviroment
- Ensure that people manning your booth know how to communicate a clear message
NOT LANDING GOOD PRESS AT OTC
At the end of the day, networking is only effective if:
- You’re building relationships with the right contacts
- Your people know how to shape an interview in a positive way
We’re honored to help our clients communicate well through the spoken word. At an event as big as OTC, being properly prepared through media training can play a big role in helping your company to avoid these three mistakes and take full advantage of the conference.