Conference Call Workshop
A customized workshop or series of training sessions that provides executives who participate in their company’s quarterly earnings conference calls with an assessment of their effectiveness in delivering information and fielding questions. This training, which serves as excellent pre-conference call practice, includes several conference call simulations.
Quarterly earnings conference calls are an investor relations staple. But not all executives are conference call savvy. For example, they may provide a litany of facts, but fail to help the audience see the bigger, longer-term picture. Their delivery may sound wooden and dull. During Q&A, they may miss opportunities to deliver key messages or gather intelligence. The result is a conference call that misses the mark.
Our Conference Call Workshop is a highly customized training that prepares executives to craft and deliver messages that are concise, compelling and memorable.
Typically, this workshop includes the following:
- A look at conference calls today, including a review of best practices
- An assessment of your company’s most recent conference call, including suggestions for improvement
- A critique of the communication skills (i.e., delivery) of each presenter in the company’s most recent conference call
- Conference call simulations: Each workshop participant will have several opportunities to deliver a portion of his/her remarks, and receive feedback on the delivery of those remarks
- Practice in fielding questions. (We’ll also cover a variety of strategies and tactics that can increase a speaker’s comfort and effectiveness in responding to questions.)
This workshop is typically conducted in a half day, while the training session format can be customized as needed.